Friday, April 30, 2010

It's about that time...again.

After a few wild days filled with whining and crying (uh, both the children and I!) and after a visit to the doc we have some antibiotics going for, at least, one of my children.  That croup thing turned cold also turned into an ear infection.  eeeeeek!  

That wildness did not go over real well with me these last few days and I have felt the pull to get myself to Christ.  Whether it be to Mass, or a holy hour or confession.  I know I need Him.  Why, oh why, do I push and pull throughout my day, all by myself?  Then afterward, it comes as a total surprise to me of how overwhelmed I feel?  (I bet you know what I am talking about, huh?)

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  -Phillipans 4:13

Those thoughts finally got me to sit and be still.  Still enough to hear what He wanted to say to me.  So, do you want to know what He said?  Do you?  Do you?

"Come to me, all you that labor and are burdened, and I will refresh you." (Mt 11:28)

How about that? 

"...I will refresh you."  That sounds so very appealing to me.  And to you too?  (heee heee ;))

So, I closed the book Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis and called the seminary here in my town and set my date with our Lord for tonight at 7:30pm.  I'm going for a soul cleansing to get refreshed, if you get my drift!  Please say a prayer if you remember at that time ;)  Thanks a bunch!

God bless,
Mary

No comments: