Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy feast of St. Therese!!!

I remember so clearly this day last year.  It was totally last minute and we had a little St. Therese party to celebrate her feast day.  We had little rosey pink cupcakes, colored pictures of St. Therese and watched half of THIS movie (which, BTW, if you have yet to see it, it is a great one!).

This year, we did not get to a St. Therese party nor the rosey pink cupcakes nor the movie.

But to my delight, she came through for me.  That good ol' Saint Therese. 

A new friend brought me a ROSE! :)

We planned on having her children meet my children to see if it would be a good match for babysitters.  We need 2 babysitters, ya know, with all these wild kids around~heee heeee!).  Sure enough, my prayers are answered and we think it will work out for her 15 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter to watch my 6.  They are also homeschooled which is really cool too. 

She came over for this quick hour visit carrying a ......ROSE!

I started the novena to St. Therese the first 2 days then plainly forgot and got frustrated b/c I can never seem to remember to do those novenas! argh! 

Sure enough, the ROSE came along and my faith restored. 

Good thing for great saints to help pick us back up. 

"Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk."
-St. Therese
St. Therese, pray for us!
"My mission-to make God loved-will begin after my death.
I will spend my heaven doing good on earth.
I will send a shower of roses."
~ St. Thérèse
~~~~~~
 
“You know well enough that Our Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our actions,
nor even at their difficulty, but at the love with which we do them.”
~ St. Thérèse
 
For tonight's dinner, I will make "Rosey Penne"- half alfredo sauce and half red scuce over penne...yum!
Happy Feast day!
God bless,
Mary

No comments: