Friday, June 19, 2009

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, we love you!

I love this picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I had this one in my college room-I think all 4 years and what protection and inspiration it brought me. I can stare at it and feel so very close to Jesus.

I googled sacred heart of Jesus coloring pages and look at what came up! Not exactly what I'm looking for but really beautiful!

Now, I will try again and see what I can find for my kids to work on till Daddy arrives home for fish and chips dinner! :)

okay, now this is better:

Pope Benedict XVI has declared June 19, 2009-2010 as Year of the Priest on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the death of St. Jean Marie Vianney, the Curé of Ars. Read more about him here-its great

This Year of the Priest logo, we are going to enlarge it and print it out now. It makes an excellent coloring page for today’s Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This is what I will do right now for my kids to do. AND did you know that today is also the opening of the Year of the Priest! How about that? So cool! Enjoy!

As if that is not enough, this great Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is followed tomorrow by the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary on June 20! Just awesome!

My friend Sam found this great prayer of consecration of our families to the Sacred Heart. Go check it out. Thanks Sam!

God bless,
Mary

No comments: