Friday, June 12, 2009

I had an adult conversation!

I had a friend visit us this morning with her 2 ultra sweet boys. (Thank you, K, for coming over :))

We had quite a lot to talk about-that adult interaction and talking is so rare that when 2 moms get together, watch out! We are put to the most outrageous multitasking efforts possible. There are no limits to what we can do....when we have a chance to really talk passionate about something, nothing and I mean nothing, will get in our way. We can talk over any crying, fighting, yelling, laughing, any loudness and stay completely focused on what the other person is saying. What a gift us women have to do this! It was quite the sight, let me tell you.

We were able to carry on a very adult conversation about being a stay at home mom and how it can be very lonely at times and how we sometimes find ourselves hunting for other stay at home moms while we go foodshopping or the library. Also, about how we moms have a lot to learn to be able to allow, support, and encourage our husbands to protect and provide (their innate vocation) for our families so we can stay at home to love and nurture our children (our innate vocation) and how important and vital this huge task at hand is. And how confused the world is about this. How lost it is. How jumbled it is.

I am in awe of how my friend K could carry on and on about it. She had so much passion about it and so much enthusiasm! I agreed with her every step of the way but I wonder if she noticed how very hard I find it to carry on that type of conversation!

With my head turning one way to make sure one of my children did not fall off of a scooter or bike, then quickly turning it the next way to make sure another child was not running too fast, then quickly turning it again to make sure another child was okay...I think you get my drift. I am in such a "diaper changing-baby talking-referee-ing-boo boo kissing-cooking-housekeeping-teaching mode" (not in any specific order) that those conversations are hard to come by and when they do, I almost feel out of the loop as if I cannot find the words to express how I feel and think.

In fact, I would not do it justice to state exact points of our conversation...but it was a wonderful time with wonderful friends and we enjoyed a wonderful, inspiring, and invigorating conversation!

After only a few hours of a visit, I am pumped up with loving my vocation of a stay at home mom. I thank God for this gift and I hope one day my Lord will say to me:

"Well done, good and faithful servant."

Gods blessings to you all,
God bless,
Mary

No comments: