Friday, June 5, 2009

Do you love Me?

I actually had time this morning to reflect on one of the Gospels- John 21: 15-19. (woohoo!)

Jesus asked Simon Peter 3 x's if he loved Him. I wonder how many times I tell my own kids how much I love them. Do I tell them every day, and many times a day? Or is one time enough? It surely is not as we are taught by Jesus. By the 3rd time, Peter was distressed that He had asked him again. Peter answered "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." (John 21: 17).

For me, I know that I need to reflect more on how I say to Our Lord, "You know that I love you". I say it in ways that I respond to His will (or not), and in the ways that I treat my husband and our children (or not).

I am reminded that it is not in just those words that I say but how I live my life in accordance with His Divine Will.

So, do you love Him?

That's about it for my deep thoughts. They are a rarity these days so enjoy them while they are here!!! ha ha!

God bless,
Mary

No comments: