Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Divine Mercy Sunday!!!

Happy Divine Mercy Sunday!

Here is some background info on this great feast day of Our Lord's great Mercy!!!

What is not to love about Saint Faustina?!?!  What a terrific wonderful Saint!  HERE is some info on her.

The kids will be coloring THIS,  THIS picture and THIS one.  For my oldest, I printed out a word find for Divine Mercy-very cute!

We'll be listening to Glory Stories THIS one of St. Faustina for the van ride today.  If I cannot find it (which is not hard to do around here!) then we'll listen to it ONLINE from EWTN's kids website HERE.

This past year I have been really working hard on getting my prayers in daily.  I mentioned in a past post about having my super waterproof watch that, besides being totally cool, has 3 alarms on it-each alarm coorelates w/my daily prayer time. 

1st alarm is to wake me up at a ripe 5:37am (yikes) and have morning prayers/quiet time/meditation/coffee/devotion with our Lord (psssst...notice the coffee in there!! heee heee)
2nd alarm is at 12 noon for the Angelus to honor Mary
3rd alarm is at 3pm for praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet

I love the chaplet for many reasons-the top one is how quick it is.  Is that bad to say?  whoops!  But really, so many things in life with little ones right now take forever to see results (disciplining, parenting etc...).  I love how I am set out to pray the Chaplet and before I know it, it is done.  yipppeee.   I am not trying to give you the idea that my praying is a checklist but it is nice to start and end something without being interrupted.  Within my life right now that leaves a window of about, oh...6-8 minutes!!!, and that is how long the chaplet is.  Get it now?  Great. 

Now, moving on....I have found a great refuge daily with this Chaplet.  Our dear Lord has shown me how merciful He is, and how as a mother, I am called in a special way to show mercy to my little ones.  It is not easy, but He is showing me slowly how mercy can change hearts.  I have been pretty faithful in doing these 3 special prayers daily and for that, I am so thankful!  What a miracle to get these prayers in, albeit only 3, but still!  I have had different seasons in life where I struggled to get even one prayer in for the day. 

"...Say unceasingly the chaplet that I have taught you. Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death..." (Diary, 687)

Throughout this year I have also noticed even though my life is a usual loud and my life is hectic and chaotic most days and my life is full of unpredictability...there is great peace in my heart and my soul. 

"Tell aching mankind to snuggle close to My merciful Heart, and I will fill it -with peace.  Tell [all people], My daughter, that I am Love and Mercy itself. When a soul approaches Me with trust, I fill it with such an abundance of graces that it cannot contain them within itself, but radiates them to other souls." (Diary, 1074)

So, on this awesome Divine Mercy Sunday, I am thanking God for his mercy on me, and I am praying for Him to shed His merciful love on our dear country. 

May others find His peace and mercy and Him as their shelter in this storm of life.

"Tell sinners that no one shall escape My Hand; if they run away from My Merciful Heart, they will fall into My Just Hands. Tell sinners that I am always waiting for them, that I listen intently to the beating of their heart... when will it beat for Me? Write, that I am speaking to them through their remorse of conscience, through their failures and sufferings, through thunderstorms, through the voice of the Church. And if they bring all My graces to naught, I begin to be angry with them, leaving them alone and giving them what they want." (Diary, 1728)


God bless you,
Mary

No comments: