Ois for Ox
- Mueseum of Art ABC's-from the library-"O" for Ox and have the children paint their version of it.
- Read Ox-Cart Man
- Read about "O" for St. Odilia out of An Alphabet of Catholic Saints
- Do copy work of the poem from that page and have them draw their own St. Odilia
- Watching how orange juice is made from HERE.
- Read the many various books that we have on hand about oceans, pointing out the otters in the pictures
- Watch Reading Rainbow, Ocean Life (found a copy at the dollar store!)
(this is one we are constantly working on!!!)
- Read Letter O from the book An Angels' Alphabet - it was first published back in the 1940's and it is truely lovely! I found it at a friends' house that they were in the process of selling and they had a box full of *free* stuff and that is where I found it! What a find, huh? :)
- Reading stories about OBEDIENCE from ABeka's book, Down by the Sea, reading program book.
- Also from the book The Book of Virtues.
- Also from various books on our bookshelves
- Color the picture about Obedience and talk about it from this BLOG LINK. Aren't they awesome?
Oatmeal cookies, of course!
I'm trying to make these posts of our Letter of the Week a bit more informative since others have asked me about my letter weeks. Hope these ideas help out and Happy Feast day of St. Katharine Drexel!
Now it is time for me to get off this computer! :)