Monday, March 30, 2009

Twins? Think again.

Lately, my kids are into calling themselves twins if they wear the same colors or eat the same food or both wearing boots and just about anything alike.

I made hot chocolate for their afternoon 'snack' today and they had a choice of a blue or a green straw. My kid #2 and #3 who are close in age- 18 months gleefully called themselves 'twins' b/c they picked the same color blue straws. No other comments were made by the peanut gallery. They actually look a lot like twins b/c of their identical sizes!

Then my kid #4 who is 3 called herself and my kid #1 who is 8 years old 'twins' b/c they picked the same color green straws. My 8 year old looked up at me and quietly said (not to upset the 3 year old) "Mom, we are not even close to twins." Obviously he is not enthralled by the others' definition of a twin!
God bless,
Mary

No comments: