Friday, March 13, 2009

He's too smart...

Our kid #1 loves to learn. He enjoys anything that has to do with learning. This makes home schooling that much easier. Of course, he is a typical boy. A typical second grader that would rather climb a tree and play on the monkey bars and play football- while learning!
He is my kid that really enjoys and craves learning and I am so blessed for this. It makes me want to keep learning more too!

So, this is where we are at...lately, he has been asking me questions just to see if I know the answer. Questions on information that he is studying that maybe I may have overlooked. He wants to be one step up on me. That stinker!

Questions like (said in a very sly voice)...

"Mom, is Europe part of Asia?"
"Mom, is 1 inch smaller than 1 centimeter?"
"Mom, how do you spell dew? Not do but dew?"

I know full well he knows the answers to these questions and sometimes I answer the wrong answer just to humor him. Oh does it make his face shine with delight-for he knows an answer that he thinks his Momma does not even know!

He is eager to learn and eager to be challenged!

Good Lord, help me to always encourage him to keep striving and let nothing step in his way. Big plans and missions are in store for this little guy. Now, if I can just get him to sit still.... (ha ha! LOL! Keep wishing, mamma!)

God bless,
Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for always searching out the positive in all situations Mary! Whenever I need a smile, I come to your blog! Thanks!
p.s. Really like your Happy St. Patrick's Day sign!