Friday, March 6, 2009

Small Successes- It's Thursday! (One day late!)

Small Successes for this past week: (ONE DAY LATE!)

*Update: If you noted, I did color my hair- one day later than expected. So, that small success for what I thought I could do last Thursday, counts for this week!

1. Colored my hair. It did not turn green-thank You God! It did have hints of red- but then changed to the color blonde I was hoping for. Yahoo! And it only cost me $7.99 on sale compared to $50 at the salon. I just love good deals :)

2. With my post yesterday on cabin fever remedy, a small success was for me to let down my walls of frustration and allow the kids to go wild in a snow filled park. AND I did not get upset about it! This may count for a Big Success, don't you think? (BTW, thanks to Denn Mom for reminding me of this!)

3. My 6 year old daughter (who has this thing for cleaning -which I LOVE!) and I mopped the kitchen floor. But, it did not stop there. It continued to the hallway and today it will be the living room too! This little gem inspired me to let go of thinking that mopping the floor at the nasty hour of 4:45pm would not be a thing to do before Daddy got home to surprise him. And do you know what? It was a good thing to do. She was so right. Completely right. I have so much to learn from these little ones.

Hope you are noting your Small Successes with Faith & Family Live!
So, go ahead and celebrate the small stuff!

God bless,
Mary

1 comment:

Rob said...

you should have had my son Caleb color your hair when you were down visiting. He does our oldest daughters for her