Thursday, March 26, 2009

Small Successes- It's Thursday!

It's that time again- Small Successes for the week:

1. A small success that I consider a big success is that I took the time to pray and LISTEN to what God wanted to tell me and that I needed to listen to. Did I mention that I listened?! Too many times I go to pray and I ask, I beg, and I ask and I beg, ask and beg, ask and beg. You get the drift. I call on God to pour His graces on me. Not that these are not good to do but I need to remember to LISTEN to Him too. He has great advice! I was so excited of what He told me, I immediately ran out to tell my husband. His response? "Wow, you haven't had a good insight in a looooooooong time!" Well, it goes to show that he knows me too well, huh!? :)

2. Yesterday I seized the moment and took a nap instead of cleaning up the house or making dinner early. That is huge for me. In fact, right now, I should be seizing 'that moment' again!

3. Made some yummy meals this week. Not the frozen leftovers. Not the frozen pizzas. Not the spaghetti o's. Any mom knows when a real meal is made, that is one big success.

Hum...I am seeing a theme here with the small vs. big successes. I wonder if I should write in to Faith and Family Live and ask them to change the term small successes to BIG SUCCESSES!

Any 'small success' in the world's eyes is a BIG SUCCESS for us Moms, don't you think?
God bless,
Mary

No comments: