Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cabin fever remedy

What else would I do if today:
  1. it started at 13 degrees and inched up to a whooping 39 degrees
  2. there is still lots of snow on the ground-ridiculously a lot
  3. the children have been in the car for a good 35 minutes and some were getting sleepy-eyed ----waaaaaaay tooooooooo early for a nap!
  4. and I passed by a park we have not been to in .....oh, about 4+ months?
The answer:
I pulled into the parking lot and let the kids go wild at the snow filled park!
Result was lots of fresh air, lots of sun, and lots of energy released.

Totally worth the soaking wet pants, soggy socks and dripping wet sneakers.
Case closed.
***Stay tuned for my small successes post!!!!
God bless,
Mary

3 comments:

Denn Mom said...

Hey that's a small success right there -- forgetting about the mess of soggy pants and sneakers and letting your kids have fun! It's the little things like that that we're celebrating! I drove by "our" park today, too, which still had probably six inches of snow in it. I should've read your post before I drove right by it, telling the kids, "Sorry, not today..."
Next time!
God bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment. You are so right about that small success- I think I will add it! :) For me, I can easily get so tied up in actually 'doing' things as a check off list that those times like I did today was a success for me. Thanks for the reminder. God bless,
Mary

Sam said...

WHAT A GREAT MOM...I would of driven faster past the park+++