Sunday, March 29, 2009

Laughter in the best medicine

Today, my hubby took the older 4 to see his great grandpa who is in a nursing home. That left the two little ones and me. No big deal, I thought.

My 2 year old showed me how much more I need to laugh.
He is a ball of laughter just about all the time! What a joy he is to have around. We laughed about corny things such as having ice cream on the table (yup, ice cream- even during Lent! I love to spoil this kid!). We laughed at the slurping noises we made and funny faces we made. We also laughed at how choo-choo train tracks hook together and how funny it is to put a little people tractor on it. We also laughed at our baby and how he loves to make some funny noises. So we copied him and guess what? We laughed at that too!
Did I mention that he is 2?

He also showed me that he loves his baby brother VERY much. He has this thing about throwing his blanket into the baby's face all the while- laughing- can you believe the audacity of that little guy? heee heee. He also showed me how much he loves his baby brother by tackling the poor thing. I know, it's a boy thing. As long as I am holding the baby, then the baby thinks that 2 year old kids rock! If I dare let him down and 2 year old comes around the corner, my 6 month old baby will let out the loudest squeal you've ever heard! (hum...I wonder where he gets that from?...)

While they rest of the gang was out, I was reminded how much I depend and how much I enjoy having those (somewhat) older kids around!

Take care and Happy 5th Sunday of Lent!

God bless,
Mary

No comments: