Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Top of the morning to ya!


May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go
and guide you in whatever you do.
And may his loving protection
be a blessing to you always.

~Irish Blessing


Breastplate of St. Patrick
One of the most famous prayers associated with St. Patrick is the Breastplate of
St. Patrick. It happens to be one of my favorites too!

Christ beside me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ within me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me.
Christ on my right hand,
Christ on my left.
Christ where I lie,
Christ where I sit,
Christ where I rise.
Christ in the hearts of all
Who think of me,
Christ in the mouths of all
Who speak to me,
Christ in every eye
That sees me,
Christ in every ear
That hears me

What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day? The fun thing about St. Patrick's Day is how just about everyone celebrates it to some degree! It really does not matter if you are even Irish! Growing up, one of the fondest memories I have is of drinking 'green milk'- milk with green food coloring added to it. Way to go Mom! What a fun thing it was and now I continue to do it with my kids. I have even, a few times, made green pancakes. What a surprise that is for them too. I am not sure if I'll have time this year to do it b/c my hubby tends to let me sleep a little more in the morning when I have a rough night sleep. We'll see how that night goes...

We are also going to make some St. Patrick's Day crafts. An easy, fun and learning one is to make the Ireland flag. Here is an easy one online puzzle of the Ireland flag. Here are some coloring pages that my kids already did for St. Patrick's Day cards for friends and family.
And for us adults-on this site is some great info and videos about St. Patrick. I only looked briefly so I am not sure how good they are...but they appear to be interesting and that's what we'll be watching on Tuesday night!
Here is also some bio on St. Patrick.
Ok, I'm done. As you can see, we could spend this whole week learning about St. Patrick! To think I only posted a small amount of what is actually out there!
So, Happy St. Patrick's Day!
One more thing...
'Erin go braugh'
An phonetic version of Éirinn go brách, which in Irish (Gaelic) means "Ireland Forever" !!!
St. Patrick, Pray for us!
God bless,
Mary

No comments: