Saturday, October 24, 2009

Yummy recipe for granola bars

Here is the recipe for “Wholesome Granola Bars” and I just made a batch now adding in Choc. Chips like….and I think that my kids will never go back to them w/out the choc. Chips once they have them!!! ha ha!

Here it is:
1 ½ cups granola
1 cup oatmeal
¾ cup dried cherries or craisins or raisins-whatever you want
½ cup flour
1/3 cup of flax seed
1/3 cup of wheat germ
1/3 cup nuts-almonds-any kind of nuts
½ teaspoon cinnamon-I put more in b/c my kids love cinnamon
2 egg whites
1/3 cup honey-I put more in b/c my kids love honey too!
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons vege oil

Line bottom and sides of 8x8x2 dish w/foil and spray the foil
Mix it all together and press down into dish w/foil
Bake at 350* for about 20-25 mins till light brown-may take longer.
Use foil to remove bars
Slightly Cool and eat them! yum!!!

God bless and happy baking today!
Mary

2 comments:

Maurisa said...

Ooh, these sound wonderful! Mine would like the chocolate chips too!

Rob said...

make some for hubby for his long runs