Thursday, October 8, 2009

Small Successes- It's Thursday!


How about that? It's Thursday already! Here are my small successes:
1. I started (again!) reading "The Family Manager takes Charge" by Kathy Peel (BTW, great book chock full of practical ideas) and made a list of things that I can do on my cleaning day (Fridays usually). This is huge for me b/c now I can really have a plan instead of saying to one child "Here, take this Windex and clean the windows" or to another "Please vacuum the rug"-not that those are not helpful, but now I have a list that entails much more and I am excited to see the outcome;)
2. I worked really hard on biting my tongue and holding back my words to my loved ones, when I was tempted to lash out and defend myself or get that last word in. Now that I am writing this, I am not sure that my loved ones would agree that I tried... but I did!!! ;) I wish I could do this more often but I'm a work in progress!
3. I encouraged my hubby to go on an all day Catholic men's conference in our state last Saturday. That would mean that I would have all 6 kids to my complete parental control once again, making it 6 days without a break. But I would not want it any other way. Not only did he have an amazing time and over 1,000 men went...he came back rejuvenated and full of zeal to continue to be that strong head of our household-our provider and protector of our family!
God bless,
Mary

3 comments:

Maurisa said...

Excellent successes!

Joy said...

Great list! Thank you for stopping by, we had them professionally clean, so truly my success was making the appointment and quickly clearing the room when the cleaners showed up a day early.

take care

Jessica Gordon said...

What great successes and that book sounds wonderful!