Saturday, October 10, 2009

To be loved and forgiven...is a wonderful thing!

My 2 year old, lately, has been well...a 2 year old.

With that age comes quite a lot. Some kids fly through this stage; others have a very hard time. I think that this stage lasts till at least 4 1/2 (but that's just what I think ;). My 2 year old is currently pretty high at the ranks of his outbursts, outrages and tantrums. I always say it's a real good thing he is so cute when he has his moments! We all are trying to use our patience but even that at many times, is lost b/c of a 2 year old! How do they do it?

They drive us totally loony and before you know it, they are the sweetest things on the face of the earth. There are not many things that are as sweet as a 2 year old apologizing, right? The sweet face, those sweet words, the little body that is yearning for the touch and words of forgiveness and reconciliation. My heart melts. Hugs abound. Forgiveness granted.

Then...
He's at it again.
And this love cycle continues.

The love that Jesus lived and died for is wrapped up in spending a good few days with a 2 year old, I believe.

Some of the joy that I see in all this is watching how my other children react to this particular 2 year old. Get this-they do the same thing. They loose their patience with him and react to him, sometimes (well, a lot of times!) with not such nice actions or words. But they are buttered up quickly by his warm attitude of his desire to be loved and forgiven.

Amazing that this relates so much to us, as adults, as children of God. So many times we get out of whack and have an adult tantrum or a flip out or some "Why me?" moments. We drift away from God, thinking that there will be some peace and happiness away from Him. Hopefully that time away is not long and we return to Him.

Thanks be to God for confession.

Thanks be to God for His forgiveness as we have that same desire to be loved and forgiven again and again.

Can you tell I've been to confession today?! ;) Have you? If not for a while, I recommend you get there:) What do you have to LOOSE? That's right, nothing. So, get in there. I promise you will not regret it.

HERE is a brief answer to: WHY GO TO CONFESSION?

God bless and have a great weekend!!!
Mary

No comments: