Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Feast day of St. Isaac Jogues!

HERE is a link for some info on this great Saint, St. Isaac Jogues, a Jesuit missionary priest martyr... and the others we are celebrating today!

We had planned to visit THIS PLACE today, but it did not work out as planned. God is so good b/c we were told through our home school group that they are having a field trip to a local convent! I am so thrilled! I have wanted to bring my girls to this particular one all summer, but it did not work out till now. God's timing:) They will have Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, the Holy Rosary recited, talks, videos and games. There will also be arts and crafts for the younger ones (which mine will love to be a part of). Thank You God for providing us this great opportunity!

We'll be reading parts from this book:


Happy Feast day of St. Isaac Jogues!

I wish I could have found some fun coloring worksheet for my children to color. If anyone knows of a link, please leave it in the comment box-thanks!

We will be try to do a bit of 'acting' with our Indian dress up clothes and I am sure that there will be some disagreement with who that ONE person will be to be St. Isaac Jogues! It could be worse things they will fight over!!!


God bless,

Mary

No comments: