Thursday, October 22, 2009

Small Successes- Be Real!


Small Successes for this week:
1. I have been fairly consistent with wearing my skirts I told you about HERE. To my surprise, it seems to be going well! I have found that I can still do all I used to do and I feel much more girl-y too :).
2. Being the solo parent this week has tested me and I would like to think that I have loosened up and chilled out about a lot of small stuff. Yep, don't sweat the small stuff!
3. I had friends over, totally last minute-which means the laundry was still piles and piles high and toys strewn throughout my house. But guess what? I didn't care and she didn't either! We laughed, we bonded, we talked. It was worth all this messy house had to offer and I'd do it again in a pinch.
'Being real' is my new motto. I can keep striving for perfection daily and acknowledge my busy reality along the way. Easy as that. Real is real.
Go check out HERE for more successes from other moms

God bless!
Mary

5 comments:

Katie said...

I love #3! great job! That is something that I need to work on.

Rob said...

1. well that's good that you are not going around in your birthday suit

2. hubby off running for a week?

3. piles of laundry? sounds a bit familar ;)

Collette said...

I had to laugh a little when I read your #1 about the skirts...I also just went to my Goodwill store last week to buy some skirts - I NEVER wear them, but thought I should give it a try...it IS more girly :) Boy do I *LOVE* that store! (good job on #3, too...sounds like my reality!)

Unknown said...

Mary,
Great successes list. #3 is my favorite! Keeping it real can be tough sometimes but the rewards are worth it!

love your blog. found it through Faith and Family Live. I look forward to visiting again soon.

RealMom4Life said...

found your blog thru Faith and Family. I love the "real" ness in your successes. I've been trying hard to be more present to the kids and not worry so much about a perfect house either. That's why my "name" is RealMom4Life.

Anyway, Thanks for posting the pic of your "toy" review. My MIL was just trying to explain this to me today thinking it would be the perfect solution for us. Now I have a picture. Looks awesome!