Wednesday, September 30, 2009

St. Therese comes through...always.

I just HAD to write the following about the 'shower of roses' sent down upon me from St. Therese today.

As I said this novena leading up to tomorrow's feast day of St. Therese of the Little Flower, for a very specific intention, I could not help but see that she answered me...

Here's the story: We went apple picking today with our Pop Pop DD(so fun!!!). Except for last year, since I was close to 40 weeks pregnant and very -very -due, we have been doing this annually for the past 5 years-with our Pop Pop-it has to be with him! The kids look soooooooooo forward to this event each year. Always asking if it is apple picking time, the moment they see an actual apple upon the trees.

Today was the absolutely perfect FALL DAY-overcast, a bit chilly-only 58*- had to wear long pants and a jacket- the wind was blowing a chilly breeze, it was great.

As we all took a big chunky bite out of our chosen apples, I could not help but want to just freeze that moment. The looks of joy and pleasure on each of their faces was beautiful. It was....just...perfect. I thank You, God, for this gift.

After paying the bill for those apples, I jokingly said to my father in law, who was with us that these must be 'diamond apples' with that price tag! The most I have ever paid, by far. But then again, for the memory we made, once again this year, it was totally worth every dime.

On the way home, my 4 yr old requested her favorite song. I could not find the specific CD she wanted, so instead, I put in another one like it (by CATCHAT-have you heard of it? My kids LOVE their music, and actually I DO TOO!!!) Anyway, this certain CD that I did find was all about the Saints/all Saints day/-and as she was getting frustrated and growing impatient so that she could hear 'her song'...I frantically just pushed through a few tracks and it stopped on one-which, get this, was all about St. Therese!

I am not so good as some are at finding out where St. Therese sends her roses. I have been looking very carefully, though. Wondering if some big bouquet of roses would turn up on my doorstep. Or if one of my kids would color a rose for me. Or if a friend would drop off a flower pot of baby roses. Anything, but not this type of shower of roses in the form off of a music CD. Hum...I wonder...

So, what do you think? Would this be considered her shower of roses on me?

I am going with it and I think so...I think.
Then again, we still have the rest of today and tomorrow, her feast day, to find an actual rose that may come my way!!!

God bless,
Mary

4 comments:

Maurisa said...

Oh, Mary, I think that is absolutely beautiful. I agree, it was a sprinkling of roses, at the very least!

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

I think St. Therese sends her shower of roses in so many different ways...and I have been recipients of many different kinds of roses! Sometimes it's a lady named Rose, or sometimes it's a picture of a rose. But it doesn't always have to be the real thing, in a vase or a pot. Sometimes it's just a feeling that she's beside me. In my humble opinion, I believe she gave you a little nudge today. Enjoy the nudges and showers of roses as they come, because once she starts, she doesn't stop! Little Therese is very persistent, this I know for sure! God bless, and have a wonderful feast day tomorrow!

Mary @ Cheerios said...

Thanks for the advice!!! I, too, am convinced that it was her little way-LITTLE WAY :)
Another little shower came tonight, after I heard the girls CD in their room skipping-I went in to shut it off-and wouldn't you know, it was the GLORY STORIES of St. Therese-and that exact moment she said "doing good on earth, sending down a shower of roses."
So, she did answer me (again!) in her LITTLE way!!! :)
God bless,
Mary

Jessica Gordon said...

So glad that Nancy left you a comment on this!! She always has the best answers when it comes to St. Therese!!! and WOW!!! What timing -- these things aren't coincidences! =) Don't you just love St. Therese!! Have a wonderful feast day!