Saturday, September 26, 2009

Confession

The other day was a tough day for me. There was only so long that I could hold it all together with what we have been through. That day was not the best and I knew it was time for me to get to confession. Thank God the local seminary priest said SURE I could come over and he could hear my confession. He is wonderful, so gentle in his words, so soft in his voice. The calmness and forgiveness is just what I needed.

I told the children that right after dinner that was where I was going. And I think deep down inside them, they were happy I was going!!!

What I did not tell them was that afterward, I was going to do a little shopping just to get out of the house that I have been glued to the last 3 weeks. It was much needed to have some personal 'mom time'. I did not come back till they were all in bed. When I got home, my hubby and I were talking and told me that my oldest said:

"Mom sure has a LONG confession!"

Ha ha! He thought I was in the confessional from 6:30pm till 9pm!!!

That kid is so smart! He knew I needed confession and it did not phase him that just maybe his Momma would need a 2 1/2 hour confession-no doubt that he knew I needed to get there!!! Yes, honey but not for that long!

Goes to show you how much our kids can teach us. Humility. That blessed virtue of humility. God knows I needed it, esp. on that day.

God bless,
Mary

No comments: