Monday, September 14, 2009

Update

Hi all, thanks for your prayers.

Thanks be to God that my 7 yr old daughter is home in her bed tonight! She came home around 11am today. It will be quite a while till she is back to normal and she is on lots of medications. I have to keep a very close eye on her and monitor everything.

If any of you have a child w/asthma or allergies, please give me some tips on how to make sure she is free and clear of any dangers so we do not have to go down this terrible road again.

Also, please pray that she does not catch the chicken pox from my other 2 children -yes, you heard me right- my oldest and my baby both woke up covered w/ them on Sunday morning.

I was told at noon today by my pediatrician that we need to really isolate her from our other children and hope and pray she does not catch the chicken pox b/c it can lead to her getting encephalitis (infection/inflammation of the brain)!!!

We thought and prayed and debated long and hard about what to do, if we should go to a hotel room for hte week etc...but we opted to stay here since she has been exposed already and was exposed before her asthma attack on Friday that landed her in the ER and the ICU.

Once again, I am very scared and nervous so please please pray for us. Thank you.

God bless,
Mary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.. If there is anything I can do let me know.. LYLAS!!

-Kirsten

Nicole said...

Offering up a Mass for your little girl!
xo Nicole

Maurisa said...

How's it going? Any sign of the chicken pox with your 7 year old? I'll be praying for her health and for your peace of mind!

Mary @ CHeerios said...

Hi all, thanks for your prayers-they are so powerful and mean so much to us.
Thanks be to GOD that she did NOT contract the chicken pox! So far so good. She still has a slight chance but if we can get through the weekend then we may be in the clear!
Thanks again!!!
God bless,
Mary