Saturday, September 19, 2009

Things I am grateful for:

  • Family and friends who pray for us, and check in with us to see how we are doing.
  • My mother who came and stayed the week with us-even with 2 kids who had the chicken pox! That takes some major courage!
  • Our town library that lets us take out AS MANY VIDEOS AS WE WANT!
  • Feeling ready and excited to start back to school this week, God willing all will be well or almost well. Well enough to start school!
  • Getting most of lesson plans done for this week.
  • My sweet hubby who took the children (minus 1) to the park so I could plan for school.
  • Friends who have dropped off food this week or made us a meal. Perfect timing.
  • A "Get well" card from our parish priest! How nice and thoughtful-the perks of a small parish, I guess!
  • Finding this awesome science site that has LOTS of quick video clips on how things are made. My kids LOVE it!
  • The weather this week predicted rain on 2 days but only a sprinkle to show for it-yay!
  • Being able to get up every night-2x-to give my sick daughter her medicine and being awake enough to make sure it was the right medicine and right dosage too!
  • My younger daughter who was up sick last night and threw up-but ONLY ONCE! (Uh, the 'only once' part is what I am grateful for-just in case you were wondering!!) I was feeling queasy too and I think it was attributed to the frozen fish fillets we had. Never again will I buy those. Noway. Never.
  • And lastly, I am very grateful for my Faith in my God who loves me and will never let me be tested beyond my strength b/c He will always provide a way for us to handle it together. Along with many little angels helping me through.
This list is only a short list of my week and those small and sometimes big things that I am so very grateful for. People ask me how I can stay so strong during such turmoil and stress. It is exactly this list and paying attention to being able to see these things as God watching out for us. No doubt that He is there. No doubt.

What I do wonder is how in the world people make it through the day, and the massive tough times, without Christian Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. I have no idea.

God bless,
Mary

No comments: