Thursday, September 17, 2009

School so far

**I wrote this prior to our ER & ICU visit.....

So far, we are doing okay. Starting with high expectations of school and then BOOM! reality hits. I already got a call from another mom saying "How in the world do you do this with all the little ones around?" She has a bunch of little ones too. She was looking for ideas, practical ideas of how to keep the little ones occupied while bigger kids school. So, that will be a post in a few days after I search far and wide for ideas and of course I will share some of my ideas too.

HERE is a link for a great program that I am using for my 1st grader, kindergartener and preschooler...along with the other books and programs that I am using too. So far so good. I am not using it completely to a "T" as she mentions...had to tweak it to our reality of what works for us.

HERE is another way to read about it.

If that link is too overwhelming, then THIS link will help you through it-sort of a tutorial of it.


WEEK "A"--Letter A
We cut out letter "A" out of sandpaper that I got at the dollar store-a whole bunch-15 sheets for $1! what a deal. This is for my hands-on kids to get a real "feel" of the letter A. We used clay to form "A" yesterday too. They loved that one! Pics still to come...

Lets see...yesterday and today, we read:

Here is what we are doing with all the old crayons we had and those that we given to us recently.

I think I mentioned about not being able to download my pictures-I am having a hard time and just need TIME to read up on it so that I can post pics and once I do, then I will for sure post pics-I know they'll come out sooooooooo cool!!!

If you could see some of my kids sitting in front of my oven glaring into it watching them all melt! So cute.

I'll write more when I get time...

God bless,

Mary

No comments: