Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baking and Babies

Okay, so the beginning of Lent is only like...6 days away!!! ouch! Are you ready? I am thinking about the 3 parts and what my family can do: almsgiving, prayer and fasting. I'll be posting some thoughts on that next week, God willing.

I have been racking my head of all the things in our kitchen that we should be making to just get rid of the ingredients....ya know, so it lessens the temptation of eating all those sugary, and selfish treats during Lent-the time to be offering up!!!

So today, I am resolving it to an official "BAKING DAY"!
  • I have loads of brown, nasty looking, frozen bananas in the freezer-there are my banana breads.
  • I have 2 zucchini's left-there are my zucchini breads.
  • I have a box (yeah, I know the box kind!) of cake mix-hum...Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes! How appropriate! I think we'll add some blue food coloring for the cake, and watch the CCC movie of St. Bernadette and Our Lady of Lourdes. (If I can find it!) We'll be celebrating Mary today!
  • I also have some frozen blueberries- there is my blueberry muffins-maybe the snack today to celebrate Mary-blue was her favorite color as my kids attest.

  • I have some frozen chocolate chip cookies-our dessert after lunch today!

  • I am sure I have more...I will have to look.
Okay, so there you have it. I have my baking list. But the reality of life is that I will be super impressed if I get even ONE of these baked! We'll see what life brings today. Lord, help me to be flexible and to do Your Will, at every moment, every present moment I have. I submit to Your calling me, whatever it is. I love You, dear Jesus.


I will leave you with a few pics from the last few days as we were enjoying the little snow we actually got! It only ended up being about an inch and a 1/2! It was predicted a whopper of blizzard of maybe 15 inches but we got NOTHING! Why is it our DC friends get all the fun?

Grrrrr...


So, here is one thing that we've been up to passing the time of snowdays...

BEFORE & AFTER SHOT OF MY BABY'S FIRST HAIRCUT! HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MY LITTLE BABY ANYMORE:

GOD BLESS,

MARY

No comments: