Thursday, July 23, 2009

Small Successes- It's Thursday!

Here we go again! :)

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. Go and check it out!

For me, this week:
1. Yesterday, I decided not to do the dishes and do the fast and furry clean up while my little ones napped. Instead, I sat on the rug with my older ones and played Legos. We played and played and it was really fun! So fun, we played right through snack time- for a whole hour! Thank You God for reminding me that these moments are fleeting and to take time to sit and enjoy them :)
2. I was able to get to my Bible study last night. I have not gone in a very long time due to sick children and busy summer schedules but last night I made it and now I am energized for tackling the rest of the week!
3. Ya know, it drives me nuts that I have to sit here and think about what I can write down for a small success. You too?
Reality is, every day is a success--every little thing I do...I woke up, drank coffee, said my morning offering and prayed, took a shower (uninterrupted, thank you), packed my hubby's lunch, changed 2 diapers, picked out an air conditioner for my hubby to buy at lunchtime today...
-that is my morning so far today!
So, yippee for me :)

God bless,
Mary

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

I Love your posts! So upbeat and positive!!! Thanks for brightening my day. And I too striggle with writing my lists..which is why I'm using last week's list - HAHA! This week I've been catching up on rest. Next week I'm going to do Summer Adventures (Holy Heroes) with my eldest daughter :)

Anonymous said...

"Everyday is a success." I love your positive spirit. So uplifting!

mary @ Cheerios said...

Thanks for your comments! I am glad you enjoy my blog b/c I love to do it! :) I try to keep positive-it's easy to fall prey to negativity and too much of it. I keep praying "Lord, help me see the good in all."
Thanks for visiting and come again!
God bless,
Mary