Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Feast of St. Mary Magdalene

Happy Feast day!

I did not know she is the patron saint of:

apothecaries;



contemplative life;



converts;



glove makers;



hairdressers;



penitent sinners;



people ridiculed for their piety;



perfumeries;



pharmacists;



reformed prostitutes;



sexual temptation;



tanners;



women

...did you?!?!

I absolutely love the way Jesus treats Mary Magdalene. With such deep love, gentleness, kindness, AND forgiveness...but He also states to go and sin no more. He forgave Mary Magdalene and showed her the way to true and lasting happiness. Jesus showed that she had dignity, no matter what she has done. That she is worth so much to Him. That she is worth something!

May I imitate Jesus in the way I treat my children. May I treat them with great love, gentleness, kindness and forgiveness and teach them to sin no more. What a big task! Mother Mary, guide me and lead me and my children to be pleasing to your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

St. Mary Magdalene, pray for us!

May God bless you,

Mary

No comments: