Sunday, May 17, 2009

Need vs. Want

This is not really a Sunday related post but I did want to mention about this. Have you heard of it? Check your area and see if you have it there. This has been a HUGE blessing on our family. I am so not shy of mentioning to others what we are in need of. I guess it's God's way of providing for us! Of course, you have to take precautions -there are quite a lot of loonies out there. So, be careful but do go see! I have had only good experiences with the people online and in person from there and so I do recommend it. (I say a quick prayer to my guardian angel and theirs so that our meeting ups are safe-so far so good!) Just tonight I got a toddler bed! Free! There are free things in life-you just have to look for them!

People ask me all the time -how do we do it? They cringe at having one or 2 kids and wonder how they can provide for them. Well, for one, we do not need the most expensive clothes or the best vacation or the best car or the best toys. God has revealed to us that what we need is Him and each other and that is most important. All this other stuff in life will come in God's timing. He knows what we NEED, not does not always give us what we WANT. This is an ongoing lesson in humility and detachment. I am so very glad that my kids are not hung up on the latest fashions or fads. We don't have to deal (yet!) with that stress right now and I am content and at peace with this. And very grateful! What a blessing it truly is to have my child be okay with one black sock/one white sock on; or "new" clothes that a friend dropped off at my house, or going to tag sales to buy a "new" bike or doll. I like to think that it helps others be generous and God loves a generous heart!

So, as long as there is this out there plus many friends and family that keep asking if we are in need of this or that, or even just drops stuff off to our house...well, we see it as God providing for our growing family. I think that is sooooooo cool! Thanks everybody!

So, go check out this best kept secret and see if there is something you may need! It might just be there! :)

God bless, Mary

1 comment:

sam said...

this is the group I was telling you about!!! It has been a huge blessing to us too!!! A fantastic way to clean out unwanted stuff and school books!!! +JMJ+