Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feast of the Ascension


What a glorious day!

Happy Feast of the Ascension!

I attended a most beautiful mass early this morning with my 2 oldest kids. I still get giddy and am in awe when I see my oldest receiving communion. What a gift for him and the closeness we now share.

As tempted as I am to go to the beach today-its going to be 87*---I know we can't, not today. I am determined to make the most of this great feast and day. I already agreed to setting up the little "baby" pool in our backyard for the first time this season. What delight it brings my kids! Swimsuits and towels, picnics and ice pops? Oh, yeah, this is going to be a great day :)

A few weeks ago, I bought (yet another!) Candy-land game at a tag sale and I just found it in the trunk of my hubby's car. My oldest 3 have been playing it non stop for an hour now! :) That makes this Momma very happy! No fighting but pure enjoyment of the game and giggles with each other. It amazes me how many of these games we've been through-at least 3 or 4 already! That game is so good for all the ages-a good learning tool too.

I am printing up some of these pics for the kids to color.

Did you know that Lilacs (Syringa vulgaris) are also referred to as the Ascension Flower? Great! Good thing I have a ton in my yard :) So, that will be the duty of my young ones-a good reason to pick Momma's flowers. Plus, I love the color purple and their smell! :)
I have also heard the idea of making a trip to a high spot or a mountain or cliff (Yikes! not with my little ones!) to remember the Ascension. What a great idea, and we do have a great mountain to hike near us...but I know it will be way too much for us all (er...me!).
Happy feast day!
God bless,
Mary

No comments: