Monday, September 20, 2010

So, where was I?

you ask?

Even if you didn't, I'm still going to tell you! So, ha!

Sort of a "Quick Takes" for Monday.

...

I have been dealing with a  3 1/2 yr old who is pretty interested in using the potty (finally!).  Not sure if this is the real deal or what.  For what it's worth, it is great if it is really truly going to happen.

I have been trying to open up my linen closet that somehow is jammed shut.  This closet holds our bandaids.  Do you know how many bandaids we go through in a day, in a week?  Let's just say they are on my weekly shopping list.

I have been trying new ways of parenting going solo.  But, thankfully, just for this past weekend.  I love how much an impact my husband has on these little offsprings.

I went to dinner by myself last night after a 3 day parenting solo weekend.  Not the drive through dinner, oh no.  This was the sit down, be waited on, type of dinner.  ALL BY MYSELF.  And I truly loved it.  Know were I went?  Of course you don't.  I went HERE.  It was loud and it was messy.  I ordered a 1/2 rack of ribs and could only eat 3!  My hubby made out with his generous offer of sending me off to dinner by myself by me bringing him home dinner.  He loved it too!  Now, if only we can go there together.  Ya know, on a date.  Yeah, one of those things we have not been on in ages. 

I have been watching my kids daily dress up in suits and jackets and playing "Secret Agents". 

I have been trying to discipline my sweet *almost 2! (on Thursday 9/23!!!) year old.  He has been pushing my buttons and pushing limits lately.  

I have been trying to figure out a way to rotate our toys so they seem *new* to them.

Last week, we got all our school work done from Mon-Thurs and had Friday OFF.  That was much needed and I hope that we can do it every week.  We had some family visitors from out of state and it was great to go to a museum with extra hands to help out. 
God bless,
Mary

No comments: