Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mother of Sorrows, pray for us.

To honor Mary, on this special day, we are having our official day of consecration to Jesus through Mary!  According to St. Louis de Montfort---click HERE.

(I was actually going to start by saying that by honoring Mary, on this sorrowful day, I have had my fair share of sorrows already!!! What a sleepless night and a horrendous morning we've had and it's only 8:40am.  But, I don't want to whine too much or complain too much, esp. on this day.  I pray that I will trust that God will give me enough courage to face today with much fortitude to endure whatever God wills for me this day.  Mary, mother of sorrows be with me and help me be pleasing to your precious Son.)

I printed up a beautiful coloring page of Mary, Mother of Sorrows from HERE.

Did you know what the Seven Sorrows of Mary are? 
Check these out:


1. The prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2:25-35)

2. The flight into Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15)

3. Loss of the Child Jesus for three days (Luke 2:41-50)

4. Mary meets Jesus on his way to Calvary (Luke 23:27-31; John 19:17)

5. Crucifixion and Death of Jesus (John 19:25-30)

6. The body of Jesus being taken from the Cross (Psalm 130; Luke 23:50-54; John 19:31-37)

7. The burial of Jesus (Isaiah 53:8; Luke 23:50-56; John 19:38-42; Mark 15:40-47)


I find such compassion on the Mother of Sorrows.  She cries for what her son went through.  She cries for you and me, for all of us.  She cries with a tender mother's love.  She wants us to be close to Jesus and sees us far away.  She knows what we need, as do most mothers!!!  Mothers truly feel what their children feel.  She sees us striving to be holy.  She knows our intentions.  She knows we need Jesus in this hectic world.  She knows that He is the peace we need.


TO OUR LADY OF SORROWS

O most holy Virgin, Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ: by the overwhelming grief you experienced when you witnessed the martyrdom, the crucifixion, and the death of your divine Son, look upon me with eyes of compassion, and awaken in my heart a tender commiseration for those sufferings, as well as a sincere detestation of my sins, in order that, being disengaged from all undue affection for the passing joys of this earth, I may sigh after the eternal Jerusalem, and that henceforward all my thoughts and all my actions may be directed towards this one most desirable object. Honor, glory, and love to our divine Lord Jesus, and to the holy and immaculate Mother of God. Amen.
 
May Mary, especially on this day-the feast of Mother of Sorrows, draw you ever closer to her Divine Son.  May you find refuge and healing under her sweet compassionate mantle as she holds our hands drawing us closer to Jesus.    AMEN.
 
God bless,
Mary

No comments: