Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Recipe to share....*Update*

I have yet to make this.  I am thinking of making it tonight, though.  I have all these ingredients  and there are not so many...so I figured I would try it.  I just have to soak those lentils first.

Here is the recipe:

•1 cup cooked lentils
•1/2 cup raw carrots sliced
•1/3 cup of dry rice (white or brown)
•1 chicken bullion cube



Fill a medium pot with water and add the carrots, rice and bullion cube. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook at medium high heat until the carrots and rice are tender. Depending on the type of rice you use and how thick or thin you slice your carrots this will take from 10 to 20 minutes. Mine took about 20 minutes.



Add the cooked lentils to the mix, heat through and check for seasoning. If the soup tastes a little week you may want to add another buillion cube. Otherwise just add salt and pepper to taste.



I'll let you know if my kids actually eat it or not!!! haa haaaa!!!

*Update*:
I did end up making it that night...I found out that the lentils did NOT need to be soaked first, which made it that much easier.  I also added in potatoes that I boiled first and added in extra salt and pepper for taste.  About 1/2 my kids liked it and my hubby raved about it esp. of how it tasted for lunch the following 2 days.  He really liked it!  All my kids loved the potatoes in it so those that did not like the lentils and such just ate the potatoes and I did not need to make any other substitute for them.  So, I guess I would grade it: B.  Yup, I'd make it again ;)
God bless,
Mary

No comments: