Monday, February 23, 2009

Laundry Song

My oldest is a big helper with the laundry around here. Of course not perfect, but nonetheless a great helper, as much as an 8 year old boy can do. Yes- a boy! Isn't that great? He will surely thank me one day....or maybe his wife will! (if marriage is his path in life....but he would greatly disagree since he says God has called him to be a missionary in the Philippines!)


This weekend he was on a singing kick and attributed one of his many made up creative songs to his chore of laundry. And lots of laundry I may add.


It went something like this:

"Laundry....Laundry...It's all I ever do....I will spend my whole life doing just this...laundry....oh, laundry..."

HA! Cute! What a great help he is and it teaches him we have to do things we don't like in life. What better than starting with laundry?

I mean, he has it really good compared to this little guy:

May we never forget these other ones that are also made in the image and likeness of God. Let us always pray for each other...and maybe even help do the laundry too!

God bless,
Mary