Saturday, February 21, 2009

Art-Schmart class

Remember I mentioned about that watercolor class I am taking?

Today I finally went to my watercolor class that I missed the last 2 weeks b/c of sicknesses and family issues. I only have about 2 or 3 classes left and I am so very bummed about this! I really enjoyed that one class I took and I thought I could commit myself to something as easy as a short 6 week class.

God is always trying to tell us something, trying to get closer to us. But it is up to US to seek His word, and to seek His Will (no matter how hard it may be). There is one lesson that I have a hard time learning and that is...how my time is not my own.

I signed up the older 2 kids to take an art class in the same building too- ya know, trying to maximize the short time we have for extra circular activities. I start my class 1/2 hour after theirs begin. And one of their classes ends 1/2 earlier than the other and then when the other one is done, we all go wait for Daddy to arrive. We wait for Daddy who has the other 4 kids to pick up the older 2 kids that are with me. Then I have a short amount of time to finish my class. Am I crazy?! Just trying to be flexible and to maximize our time and do something fun for M.E. Needless to say, it is not the 2 hour window of quiet and away time that I thought....so I have been thinking about it and am tempted to throw in the towel and ask for my $ back. BUT, rethinking it, I have decided to persevere and do this. Yes, it may be hard and quite annoying but I don't want to cave into the quitting and feeling discouraged about this. I want to make a commitment and actually do it too!

This is one of the hardest lessons for moms out there, I believe. It is letting go and being flexible to what God has called us to- just about the hardest job out there and we don't even get paid for it! Ha!

Maybe one reason, maybe the ONLY reason that I am taking the watercolor art class is to share Christ with others. I have to admit that the first class that I took, I hardly talked at all (surely not like myself with my temperament and personality!) I was wiped out after a few difficult and cold weeks and needed that quiet time to do something totally different than my day to day life. It was great, and do you know what? Not one person knew about ME.
The me that includes 6 kids.

Not until, well, today. The word got out and BOOM! Questions were thrown at me left and right. Living the 'open to life' life and the 'pro-life' life and the Catholic life...and since God blessed us with children, many children...

I get noticed.
I get looks. (and some not so good looks!)
I get questions.
I am in the spotlight.
No matter where I go or what I do, people go at me.

I see this morning as I was at this art class as me being a witness to Jesus Christ.
Just because I am me.
Just because I am.

I may or I may not take another class, because in reality with 6 kids, there is no secure answer with that.
I may not have any amazing painting that I actually finished.
I may not have walked away with loads of watercolor artistry knowledge.

But for reasons that I may not ever know, I needed to be there.
Christ needed to be there.
And that is good enough for me.

Lord, my life is for You alone. Help me to seek Your Will and seek You in others at all times. Help me to not seek glory from anyone else but You. My life is for You. All Glory and Praise be to You, Lord!

God bless,
Mary

No comments: