Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today is the day

I knew it was going to happen. I just knew it. But I thought I would have more time than this. But it happened anyway. Now what am I going to do?
What is it, you ask?

What is every Mother's fear that it will happen too soon with her (just!) 2 year old? Besides the #1 answer which is giving up the nap. Thank GOD that is NOT the case, but something that ties in with the nap.

You got it. The crib. My just turned 2- 2 year old- learned how to climb out of his crib this morning! Ahh! What is a mother to do?

This has only happened to one other child of mine-the first one. With that one, it was not a big deal b/c well, there was just not that many kids. At that time I also had a little baby girl who was only about 4-5 months old. So, it was not a big problem.

But, this time is way different...that hour he spends in his crib for down time is also Mommy's teaching time. It is the time where we can concenetrate heavily on certain subjects. The time where I can devote major attention to other little ones, to read a book, color with them or just snuggle.

So, any good ideas out there?
I am really interested in them!!!
I know we will get through this-as we do in all things... but I sure do appreciate any ideas.
Thanks!!!
God bless,
Mary

2 comments:

Sam said...

give him a light swat act totally shocked that he got out and keep putting him back for a couple of days...Mine always fell for that trick and stayed in till about four-Thank God!!!In my house no crib-no nap=sad household!!!

+JMJ+

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree! As on my blog: "If Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy"!!! And when naptime comes around- that includes me!!! :)