Thursday, February 26, 2009

Small Successes- It's Thursday!


How come as my week unfolds and when I accomplish these little things, I think to myself this will be a great one to jot down for small successes on Thursday...then I forget what it was!?!? Does this happen to you too???

Well, here I go...I am trying to remember...

1. I made my Lenten sacrifices:

Pray: Pray a decade of the Rosary nightly RIGHT after dinner. I mean RIGHT AFTER DINNER! Once we leave those seats, its over. Any possibility to say a family prayer is just so not going to happen. Of course, this is not the perfect way to say the rosary, over our finished plates of food but...nonetheless- we are praying. As a family. "The family that prays together, stays together" as Fr. Peyton once said. Aim high, my friends.

Fast: I am fasting from using face book- that thing is so very addictive! I said "Adios amigos" yesterday and it won't go on for another 39 days. Oh, dear, this will be a hard one.
Oh, and I am also fasting from...ICE CREAM! If anyone knows me, this is equally as hard. But what joy it will be on Easter Sunday with my Sundae!! yum!

Give Alms: We are collecting canned goods for a food box for either the local seminary or going to a family in need or the food pantry. This one we are doing as a family. we are also collecting money to give to our friends who are struggling right now.

2. I got to evening 7pm mass then off to my Bible Study. With baby in hands. This is a really good thing-this winter isn't ending soon enough for me!

3. And if today counts in the "week" for the small successes then...I will add in that I am going to color my hair today! I bought the box about 2 weeks ago and have yet to find the time to do it. I am a bit reluctant, I must say...I have never done this by the box before. I hope it doesn't turn green!!! This is one way of me dealing with the lack of sun and outdoors so I am bringing the (so unnatural) shades of blonde back to my hair.

Have a great day!
God bless,
Mary

No comments: