Friday, April 3, 2009

Holy Week thoughts

I can't believe that I have not yet mentioned what another blogger is doing with her family for Lent- the JesusTree for Lent. She has it all layed out and it is quite beautiful! She has the Bible reading with different activities for all ages. Great job Jessica! I wish we could have done it routinely for the whole Lent but I could not squeeze it in this year. I would like to make it a point to do for next year though!
Today, we are following her lead and we are doing this.... Thank you Jessica!

My friend Sam got me thinking of what to do so I am sifting through ideas for Holy Week next week. Because my time is not my own (as I've said so many times!!!) I'm learning to be flexible. We also try to keep it quite simple.
My husband usually goes to one mass- either Holy Thursday or Holy Saturday and I go to the other one. It is a treat for us to be alone with our Lord in a special way. We try and I mean TRY to keep it quiet and calm between 12noon and 3pm by reading, coloring, puzzles or if need be...an easter related theme movie.
We then attend Good Friday liturgy and kiss the cross.
On Holy Saturday, we color our Easter eggs and get our outfits layed out and make sure we have matching socks, clean underwear and undershirts!
Easter morning, we wake up early (thank you children!), check out our easter baskets and get to eat JUST A FEW jelly beans or chocolates then attend an early Mass together. Then we come back and find those hiding easter eggs that the easter bunny left us! So, what are your plans for Holy Week???
I am on the hunt for some EASY and QUICK ideas for the little ones! Thanks!
God bless,
Mary

No comments: