Monday, April 20, 2009

As promised...

As promised, here is the pic of my Divine Mercy cake. My husband said "Wow, you'll definitely have to put a pic of THIS on your blog!" So, I guess it deserves attention :) We did have lots of fun making it from scratch-that's right! No box cake this time! We wanted to make icing but did not have any buttermilk so I opted to make powered sugar icing-can you see it? Do you dig the 'rays' of red and white too? I have to admit, it was quite delicious and it was all finished after lunch today! (sorry honey!)


We also were delighted to find a stream/hiking area very close to our house so we went there to enjoy it-doing it the warmer weather style! Here are just a few of the 124 pictures (yikes!) I took. I love to see nature through the eyes of a lens...




We thoroughly enjoyed it too. I find the rushing of the water and the birds chirping so calming. If we had a stream in our backyard, my hubby and I agree we would probably never need a babysitter again! ha ha.




















Remember the game of "Pooh Sticks" from the Winnie the Pooh movies? My 2 little ones loved playing the pooh sticks game!





God bless,
Mary

No comments: