Saturday, April 4, 2009

20/20 Eyesight?

I started to write an email to forward this to a good friend of mine who moved away a few years ago and who I miss dearly. (Miss you!!!) She is in the same boat as me (plus one!) and we frequently have each other to talk with/complain to/pray for because we know exactly what real life is with our gangs.
As I kept writing I thought…hey! This is a great blog post. So, here you have it!

If you have a few minutes, this is worth reading. It is of a woman’s (now a mom through adoption) thoughts of her personal struggle of her infertility. I found it quite breathtaking. Too many times, us moms with many kids forget to look at our children as an actual blessing! Truth be told, with the crazy busy life that we have, it is easy to actually forget! Sad, but true. We are too tired, too wiped out, and fully surrounded constantly by crying, whining, fighting and some more crying to make us loonies. This is real life for us. We can be tightly wound up in this cycle of wake, eat, play, eat, nap, wake, play then…aaaaahhhh…glorious bedtime. The spinning wheel of our life. Kind of like the hamster wheel. We think it does not take us anywhere. The clue word is ‘think’.
Stepping back for a minute, we need to see our life through another’s eyes. Those eyes have no idea what it is like and what we encounter daily but what they do see is what they deeply desire. They see us fully surrounded by love, laughter, joy, and life. And they are right. We are surrounded by that but we tend to not see it. We need these women to reveal to us what we fail to see. Our clouded eyesight needs their glasses. It is by these women and what they feel and say truthfully that we moms of many need for a reality check. Lord, I am so weak and I need You. Forgive me for not seeing my children as You want me to see them or treat them the way You call me to treat them. Bless my earnest tries to love them fully, incredibly, and unconditionally. Make it how You want me to love. Jesus, I trust in You. Amen.
Please go hug and hold on tight for a bit to your loved ones. Don't forget to thank God for your blessings. Let's remember to be humble and go out of our way to reach out to these other women who need us.
God bless,
Mary

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Your prayers are just beautiful Mary! Straight from the heart! xo

Mary said...

Thank you Nicole!