Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Divine Mercy Sunday!

Today, we remember the great powerful mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ! What a gift that we truly do not deserve but out of His enormous love for each one of us, He pours out His mercy to us. How do we respond to this gift? At mass this morning, the pastor described mercy as given what we do not deserve and justice is given what we do deserve. Nicely put.

Thank you dear Lord for this gift of Your mercy.
May all people find You and place their trust in You!

According to St. Faustina's visions, written in her diary, the chaplet's prayers for mercy are threefold: to obtain mercy, to trust in Christ's mercy, and to show mercy to others.
Jesus, I Trust in You!

Here is a link to the shrine of the Divine Mercy- full of awesome info about Divine Mercy Sunday, St. Faustina, chaplet, prayers etc... We have visited the shrine a few times and it was absolutely gorgeous and transforming each time we went. I encourage anyone that can to go there, it is worth all the effort.
My goal today is to say this with my family- probably in the van since that is one place they cannot get up and move!
I am also going to print up some of these for them to color today. And this one came out great too, so I'll print that out too.
God willing, I will be making a cake and put red food coloring in it, and put the colors of red and white food coloring icing representing the rays (and why not...I'll put some red sugar sprinkles too!) on top...I may post a pic of it if it comes out okay!!! My kids will be so thrilled to see it and then eat it up! Hopefully I'll get the picture of it BEFORE they eat it all up! :)

Look at this picture above that I posted... Jesus stands with one hand outstretched in blessing, the other clutching the side wounded by the spear, from which proceed beams of falling light, red and white in color. An explanation of these colors was given to St. Faustina by Jesus himself saying, "The two rays represent blood and water." This has been attributed to the "blood and water" referenced in John 19:34.

Hope your day is filled with many blessings, especially of Jesus' Great Mercy!
Jesus, I Trust in You!

No comments: