Monday, February 7, 2011

Book on Boys!!!

Boys Should Be Boys: 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons
This is the book that I am reading right now.  Have you read it?

It is called Boys Should be Boys by Meg Meeker, M.D.

Not that I have real *time* to read (haa haa) but I am up a whole lot many nights with one very special little baby girl.  Since my boys are ever growing up and challenging me to figure them out (they are not too hard to figure out but every bit helps!), this book is a 'must have on hand' book for any Mom!  I bought it a number of years ago and it is a book that I take down to reference to a lot, when I question something or need a little hlep in understanding why this or that.  I find it very helpful, even if I just read one chapter or a paragraph.

One line that I read last night that sticks out is..

"Moms need to love and love to be needed."

How very true is this!  Esp. now as I am ever needed to my sweet newborn and having many demands with all my other children as well.

P.S.  And, no I am not getting anything (although I would not turn it away if I was offered! :)) from putting a plug in for this book.  I just thought someone else could benefit from this great book as much as I have.

God bless, M

No comments: