There are so many reasons but here are a few from the last few days):
- There is always someone to play with or annoy
- If one does not want to play baseball, go play soccer w/another
- There are extra hands to make this Momma breakfast in bed for no reason at all...like this morning! ... for when I asked them they said "B/c your our Momma, that's why." I LOVE THESE KIDS! BTW, their breakfast was awesome, homemade waffles and fruit salad :)
- Extra hands make work light! (esp. when this Momma decides to totally rearrange our home-move bedrooms and make the old living room a play room and trying to make a pantry out of a closet b/c our kitchen is extremely small and everything else to make a big homeschooling family run smoothly...)
- Older siblings to hold a new baby so this Momma can actually take a shower or cook dinner.
- There is always someone to read a book to you
- The older kids make an obstacle course outside in the (dare I say?!) 70* weather for all the kids-so creative :)
- Big kids helping to put socks and shoes on their little buddies
- Bigger siblings wanting and willing to hold our new baby and burp her too! :)
- Someone to always crack a joke or make me laugh
- Never a dull moment-always keeping busy-never have to think or wonder if I am lazy or wasting my time :)
- Enough hands to push 3 carts to go food shopping at our food shopping outing last night-what a sight that was!!!!
- Many times you are asked by God to sacrifice, given the chance to give up selfishness and isn't that what life is all about? Sure is.
More to come someday I have more time....
********I was asked this week how many kids I have and I almost slipped and said 6! haaa!! :) First time I've been asked and I happily responded 7 :)
She said "And you homeschool too? Wow, you must be so patient."
You get that response too? Well, I laughed out loud and said:
"Not really but I sure ask for it all the time."
So true. Just b/c us mommas of big families have lots of kidos it does not mean that we are so patient! haa haa LOL.
....But we have plenty of opportunities to practice it I guess :)
I think that 7 sure feels SO much mroe than 6 and I am getting used to thinking and realizing we fit that category of a "big family".
When does that start anyway...after that 2.1 kid mark? Who knows...
God bless and enjoy your weekend! I know I will-my 2 sisters (w/none of their kids) are coming to visit...just because...oh I love them! Plenty of wine, chick flicks and laughter w/my sisters...good times...I am so grateful we live near each other now (well, one is 4 hours away and one is 3 hours away-way closer than before!).
Thank you God for this gift of family- I am forever grateful.