Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thank you Angels!

We have a few little angels that help our big family out every now and then. I met these older women at daily mass within the past 2 1/2 years. Sometimes we see them every other day (usually in the warm weather!!!) and sometimes we'll go 2 weeks without a call or a visit. Knowing I can count on them in a pinch is a real life saver. Really.
(This is one major way of "how we do it"!- by asking and praying for others to help us out!)
So for instance, yesterday and last night was just one of those nights. No ER visit. No date night. It was just this - a 2 day long struggle to get organized having an 'almost 2 year old' around. Really around if you get my drift. There was only so much I could take. So I did it. I called one of our angels that Kid #5 adores. I mean, loves loves loves ...and begged her (well, not really!). I asked her if she could take him for a wee bit. What love! Both of them were thrilled to spend a few hours together and we got organized! We invested in a 'bin-rack' to hold all our different toys in our den/playroom/school room. I think there are about 56 bins- it is awesome! I even got to organize my school closet and make a nice Mexican taco dinner- which we all enjoyed. Then we had a 1/2 movie family movie night (it got too late to watch the whole thing). Of course we missed Kid #5- it was way too quiet at the dinner table and way too clean! But, things needed to be done and we are so very thankful for our angels!

Guardian Angel Prayer
Angel of God,my guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this day,be at my side,
To light and guard,Rule and guide.
Amen.
Happy Sunday!
God bless,
Mary
Amen.

2 comments:

Sam said...

YOU KNOW the secret!!! Good job!!! +JMJ+

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your input from years of experience! :)
God bless!