Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!



Happy New year 2009!

I can't help but be like everyone else who takes the New Year seriously. That means looking back at 2008-and asking many questions...What did I do? What is my best accomplishment? What is my biggest disappointment? What could I have done better?

And to look ahead at the ever popular...What is my resolution for 2009?

I don't know about you but I do tend to shudder at these questions. When I can get some time to actually think without being interrupted is a great way to start, wouldn't you say?! But, even though I do not have this solitude that I often crave, I have to admit, these questions linger in my mind.

So, what is your resolution for 2009? Is it tangible, real or an ideal, far out there that you may not reach? Over the years, I have learned to be real with what I can and cannot do. Not that I am any good at this...yet...but I said that I am learning!

My resolution list (yes, a list- I am a big 'to do list' person) may consist in what the rest of the world has too- watching what I eat, loose weight, blah blah blah. But, I am also going to try my best to stick with my prayer life daily but be flexible and to be okay with that too! To see my day, my whole day, as a potential prayer. To see that it is not just a quick prayer to start my day and boom- I am done. But to extend it to different prayers throughout the day- The Anima Christi, The Angelus, and a Prayer for Vocations, the Rosary etc... Also, I am going to try my best at getting to daily mass more often during the week. I thank God that we have an early 7am mass in town, which is very helpful- as long as my little ones cooperate for Mommy to get out to that mass :) Thirdly, I am going to try to be more attentive to each of my 6 little blessings and especially to my biggest blessing-my husband, and to be thankful for each and every day with them. Life is hard, life is busy, life is chaotic. We need to remember to make it a point to appreciate and learn to love deeply those closest to us, those precious souls God placed in our lives is for a reason.

I am sure there is more to come as I keep thinking about 2009! In the mean time, GOD BLESS THE USA and may God bless you,

Mary

No comments: