Friday, January 30, 2009

Raw Chicken Alert!

Does this picture bother anyone like it does to me?
It totally grosses me out.
I am a die hard "RAW CHICKEN ALERT!!! Mommy" in this house. What does that mean, you ask? I am so disgusted by the thought of how raw chicken can contaminate anything we touch after we touch that nasty "bawk bawk" chicken. I am not at all against meat. I thouroughly enjoy a good meal including chicken. I know what good protein it provides for my family and I. But once it is out of the bag, watch out! I disinfect everything! I make sure that everyone under this roof knows there was RAW CHICKEN in the sink! Okay, so a bit of a fanatic. I know. I know. But there has been way too many stories of other people (including family and friends) having a reaction b/c of touching it or it touching somewhere in their kitchen that they did not clean properly. I, for one, do not want to end up in any ER anytime soon.

So go ahead and think I am a crazy woman afraid of a little RAW chicken. And I'll prove to you that in this house, we keep our food inside! Yes-sir-ee.
And I'll prove to you that I can make a mean chicken casserole.
(But maybe not on a Friday---that fasting thing, ya know....!)

Enjoy the day!
God bless,
Mary

No comments: