I thought it was fun, and if anyone else plays along, I'd love to see your responses!
The "Christmas Version" of "getting to know your friends Meme":
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real
3. When do you put up the tree? Week before Christmas and decorate it on Christmas eve if we can wait that long (tradition in my own family) or we decorate it within the week leading up to Christmas
4. When do you take the tree down? After Epiphany and when the needles are driving me nuts!
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but only a little bit
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Cabbage Patch Premie Doll
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? Children-they are SO not picky!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Blue slippers that looked like high top sneakers and they lit up when walking (Sorry, but its the truth!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street and It’s a Wonderful Life! (pass the tissues, pleeeeeeeeeease!)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In October but it does not end till a few days till Christmas. I always aim to get it done BEFORE Advent…but never do!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mashed Potatoes with loads of butter
16. Lights on the tree and white or color? Yes and colors always
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? “Oh Holy Night” (I love it sung by Josh Groban)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? If with my family-usually travel but with hubby’s family-we try to host Christmas at our home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes (Thank you Rudolph song!)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Presents from in-laws on Christmas Eve. We first all go sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and place Jesus in the stable, then we open our stockings on Christmas morning BEFORE Mass, and the other presents from Santa and immediate family on Christmas morning AFTER we get back from going to Mass. We save one gift (if not more) to give on Epiphany Sunday.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Not getting gifts bought ahead of time and sending them out in time for Christmas; and taking a Christmas pic of my kids, writing out the envelopes and actually sending them out before Christmas too!
23. What theme or color are you using? The traditional reds and greens and lots of lights this year.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Pink Polish Ham, Mashed potatoes, my dad’s sweet potato pie and lots of gravy and veggies (I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would love to have someone come in to help me organize my house (esp. the toys-have some shelves custom made for the den and wall to wall carpet in the den too!), and decorate it to make the ‘home-y’ feel to it!!! (That gene must have missed me!-Mom, you are the best at this!)