Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2 more days!

...till Christmas Eve!

My kids will surely tell you and everyone else they see or bump into lately!

ONLY 2 more days!    Yipeeeeeeeee!!!

But...we have a smidge bit of school left to my kids' dismay.  It is sort of like "1/2 days"  and it has been very difficult to keep their attention this week...as you can imagine.  But to make it easier, I have also incorporated lots of artsy crafty stuff and they love that!  Currently our dining room and kitchen room look like art rooms, tons of scraps all over the floor and tons of creations hanging all over the walls! 

For me, these next 2 days consist of wrapping, wrapping and wrapping some more.  I don't know about you but I really don't mind wrapping, esp. when there is some great Christmas music to set the mood.  The only problem is that I cannot find the time ALONE to wrap!  To date, I have only wrapped 2 presents which are not for my kids.  With all the sicknesses abounding in our home, this time alone is far and wide between.

It's a great reminder that Christmas is NOT about the presents and even though my kids are just like any kid who awaits Santa's arrival, I hope that I have helped to instill HOPE in their little hearts as we have prepared this (crazy) Advent and  esp. in these last 2 days for the coming of the Christ Child. 

  • How will you receive Him this year?
  • Have you prepared well enough?
  • What can you do differently these last 2 days to help prepare?
  • Are you caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season, loosing sight of the true meaning of Christmas?
  • Have you thanked God for the gift of His Son-the gift above all other gifts?
Lots to think about...

God bless,
M

No comments: