Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Signs of Life"

"We’re chatting on the phone when my baby begins to cry. “I’m sorry,” I say, “but I have to take care of my baby.”
When I return to the conversation, I apologize again. “Please,” my interviewee says. “You’re a mom. You’ve got to make your baby a priority. This is an example of taking our faith from the theoretical to the practical.”
..... “All of our beliefs can be grounded in Scripture, but it’s another thing to discover that our faith offers a culture with customs and all sorts of traditions that once seemed alien to me,” he explains. “You can’t become an American by reading and studying the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Gettysburg Address. It’s a life lived by people, and it has been for so long that you really have got to step into the middle of it. The same is true with our faith. I became motivated to really become a Catholic - not just in my head but in my heart, not just in my soul but in my body. Not just in my career but in my marriage and family.”
Now if that sounds good to you, go read the whole article HERE.   I thoroughly enjoyed it! 

For me, I have been scheduling my day around snack times and nap times.  This is the way my own children get an idea of what is to come.   I can say "we're going to the library after naptime"  and they get it.  Or "Before lunch, we will be cleaning the house"  and  they get that.

What a terrific idea to get the prayers on a schedule FIRST then all the rest will come into play.  What a great idea to say "We're going to the library after the Divine Mercy Chaplet" or "Before lunch, we will be saying the Angelus".  Love it!  I will be trying to be more spiritually focused from now on. 

How about you?  How are your days split up and focused?
 
God bless,
Mary

No comments: