Friday, May 18, 2012

Have you ever teared up or even broke down crying b/c you realized that you, as a Momma, have not loved your children the way they deserve simply b/c you could not do what you wanted to do and knew that would help but could not physcially do it b/c of the many demands of children? 

Have you ever cried so hard that your heart literally ached b/c you have not loved your children enough and it was in your power to do so but selfishly chose not to?

Have you ever?  Have you?

I come to you, in this post, and ask you to pray for me and for all mothers who feel this way. 

So heavy on my heart, these feelings, as I cling to the hope I have in Jesus Christ.  He is my rock.  He is my strength.  He is the One I turn to in hopes of mercy and grace.  He may be the only one to understand this power and deep love.  These thoughts can be quite overwhelming, yet I turn to the Cross.  In the Cross is where I can see the LOVE and the Forgiveness and the Hope.  It is only there that I can begin to understand the depth of sacrificial Love that He shed for me and how I am to LOVE those He gave to me to take care of. 

God bless,
Mary

2 comments:

Maurisa said...

Yes, Mary, I have! If it weren't for my Faith, I cringe at the thought of how much more selfish I could be.

God Bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Tina Marie said...

Mary, I too have cried. Life with kids can sometimes feel quite overwhelming, but our Lord is always wanting to come to our aid. I wish I could remember that when I most need to. God Bless, sending prayers your way.