- started our days with me reading stories from The Book of Virtues by Bill Bennett
- kids listening to books on tape--Adventures in Odyssey and Swiss Family Robinson
- Kid #1 reading a book on Abraham Lincoln to the younger kids
- Kid #1 reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Learning the Table of Elements
- Making quizzes and tests for each other
- Kid #2 having reading instruction early in the morning 2 x/week
- All of us out of our pajamas before 8am!!!
I am beginning to think...isn't this what school should be about? Reading, learning, having a true desire to WANT to read, WANT to learn. I am so thankful to have been blessed by knowing other home schooled Moms in our home school group who are so willing to share their ways of schooling.
For sure, I know that next year will be different. In what ways? I am not exactly sure...yet. A whole new world of learning and schooling is opening up to me and to our family. I am so excited! I am going to use this summer to truly focus on helping to create this love of learning that we think is so important. It will not be school, per se. B/c we do need a break! It is so fun to sit back and see them play school (and learn!) and teach each other math (and learn!) and read to each other (and learn!). Life is a school!!! This summer will be fun and a more relaxed way of learning for us all to experience. Thank you God for this blessing, may I be your servant to help your little ones discover the beauty of Your world, Your creation, Your blessings.
"When you did it to them, you did it to me."